Bergen-Lafayette Montessori School is a small dual-language Montessori School, with the capacity to serve approximately 50 students. Currently the founder is serving both as Head of School and Executive Director. In order to further the school's mission, BLMS is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as Head of School, overseeing the day-to-day operations of the school. The ideal candidate will also have interest in partnering with the founder as a business partner. This position will be full-time, 40+ hours per week.
The Head of School will partner with the Executive Director to further the school's mission. The Head of School will tend to the issues that concern the school as a whole and will facilitate communication among the teachers, staff, and families. The right candidate shall possess a minimum of a B.A. degree, Montessori certification/experience at any level. and a desire to operate a mission-driven school.
Prior administrative experience in an educational setting, with demonstrated leadership qualities is strongly preferred.
Principal Duties Include:
• Oversee daily operations of school, ensuring a safe and friendly environment.
• Oversee the maintenance of BLMS as an aesthetically attractive and safe environment.
• Ensure that the school is in compliance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations.
• Coordinate scheduling of, and attend, all required school functions and activities.
• Supervise teaching and support staff.
• Provide instructional coaching and support to teaching staff.
• Ensure teaching staff has appropriate professional development opportunities that lead to growth in teaching and learning.
• Work with teaching staff to coordinate curricula.
• Coordinate and attend regular staff meetings.
• Serve as liaison between teaching staff and parents.
• Oversee and coordinate recruitment of students.
• Perform all admissions tasks.
• Maintain school discipline policy in a consistent and respectful manner.
• Coordinate all internal and external school communications.
• Serve as spokesperson for BLMS.
Commensurate with experience and school's budget
Kindly submit your letter of interest and professional resume to Myani Lawson.