We are seeking an Extended-Day Teacher to join Wildflower Montessori!
Two experienced Montessori teachers seek a third trained Montessorian or someone interested in Montessori training to join their team.
We serve as both classroom guides and school administrators of an established shopfront school in mid-Cambridge that serves children age 2 years and 9 months through 6 years old. In addition to authentic Montessori practice, we value a commitment to equity as well as creating a mindful, peaceful and deeply reflective environment. Openness to personal development, engagement in anti-bias education practices, and a commitment to professional evolution are also part of our ethos. Consistency has served our children and families well and we are now seeking an equally committed and curious individual to allow us to continue to grow.
We are looking for someone who is willing to play an assistant role in the middle part of the day and to take the lead in running our extended-day program. We are a small school and consistency in teachers and staff is highly valued. We are interested in candidates who are willing to take the lead on projects that you are passionate about, whether that be community engagement, Montessori practice, or whatever skills and passions you would like to bring to the table. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who would like to learn more about Wildflower Schools. Hours are 8:30-5:30 two days a week, and 12-5:30 pm three days a week. Salary will be in line with experience and qualifications, with opportunities to take the lead on creating other paid programming such as a summer program or vacation care. There is also the option for a health insurance stipend and a 401k plan. As you would be working with two trained teachers, this would be an excellent learning opportunity for someone who has just been trained or is interested in completing Montessori training.
Please visit our website at www.wildflowermontessorischool.org for more information about our school.
- Create a fun afternoon curriculum for a small group of preschool and kindergarten age children
- Create a fun and safe learning environment
- Assist during lunch and naptime
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Adhere to Massachusetts EEC licensing guidelines
- Interest in creating a summer program and/or vacation care
- Taking the lead on projects you are passionate about!
- EEC qualifications and Montessori training are a plus
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Willingness to go outside with children in New England weather