About the School
Metropolitan Montessori School’s mission is to create an educational experience for children that keeps them at the center. Through a complex blending of nurture, rigor, and inclusion, MMS helps children realize their capability academically, socially and emotionally. Unique in its blend of Montessori philosophy with progressive pedagogy, MMS has designed a student journey ending in 8th grade in which students have a developing sense of self and agency and a commitment to learning.
Salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits package.
The Associate Director of Development and Special Events plans and implements comprehensive giving programs that increase operating support for the School. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Communications and working closely with the Board of Trustees Development Committee, the Associate Director is responsible for creating a strong culture of philanthropy throughout the School and its extended community. The position is also in charge of managing the school’s annual benefit, the major donor event, a fitness fundraiser, and other fundraising events, and/or providing operations support for special events including moving up ceremonies and concerts. Other events (virtual and in-person) may arise over the course of the year.
- Establish and execute forward-thinking, goal-driven development plans and programs that optimally grow the MMS Annual Fund, and any future endowment, and/or capital campaigns. All work will be done in partnership with the Institutional Planning Team, Development Committee and the Head of School.
- Oversee all aspects of the development, including annual giving, grants, alumni and alumni families, special events, database management, and stewardship of donors with specialized plans for leadership prospects and donors.
- Think strategically and formulate new ways to educate the MMS community (parents, faculty/staff, alumni) about philanthropy at MMS.
- Identify, recruit, and train the volunteers necessary to help with fundraising efforts (with particular focus on the Annual Fund Committee and benefit volunteers).
- Partner with and support the Parent Association leadership where appropriate, building and stewarding relationships with current parents.
- Thank and provide donors with documentation in a timely manner, and provide development reports as required.
- Prepare and arrange production for solicitation materials (direct mailings, emails, social media) with approval from the Director of Strategic Communications.
- Identify corporate and foundation funding opportunities and help draft grant applications
- Manage the development budget and ensures that all vendors are paid with submission of invoices.
- Prepare school annual report, with support from the school’s Director of Strategic Communications
Manage timelines for events and internal logistics relating to special events, particularly the school benefit and the major donor event
- Maintain records of events to follow up with a thank-you to donors of items, payment by auction item purchasers, and the like; Track items/donors for in-kind and tax letter recognition.
- Provide support to the benefit volunteers in the planning, organization, and implementation of events. Ensures proper documentation on the 501 database system and transfers all final close-out donations into Veracross.
- Prepare and arrange production for event materials (direct mailings, emails, social media) with approval from the Director of Strategic Communications.
Please submit applications to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Metropolitan Montessori School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Metropolitan Montessori School complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.