Woodinville Montessori School is seeking an Early Childhood Head Teacher to lead a classroom of children ages three to six years. The Head Teacher will provide supervision over the classroom community and students’ work, with keen awareness of the functioning of the whole while also paying attention to individual and small group needs. Throughout the school year, the teacher will work with the Early Childhood Program Director to ensure that students have the necessary tools and time to devote themselves to their work, building a cohesive community and continuing to develop the love of learning.
Woodinville Montessori School is fully accredited through 12th grade by NWAIS. Woodinville Montessori School is accredited by AMS for students aged 18 months to 17 years, and approved by Washington State through 12th grade.
Founded in 1983, Woodinville Montessori School is a diverse community of lifelong learners dedicated to the optimal intellectual, emotional, social, physical, ethical and spiritual development of each child using Montessori and contemporary methods. Our community exists to nurture creative, conscientious and productive individuals committed to caring for themselves, one another and the environment in an ever-changing, global society.
- BA/BS Degreerequired and MA Degree preferred
- AMS Early Childhood Certification preferred
- Three years of teaching experience as the Lead in an Early Childhood classroom
- Understanding of and commitment to Montessori Philosophy
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each child
- Be committed to excellent communication with prospective families, staff and the rest of the school leadership team
- Possess extensive background and teaching experience in a Montessori school
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of current research in human development and learning in support of the Montessori educational approach
- Exhibit a high degree of organization and attention to data and details
This position is an academic year, 10-month position with occasional weekend and evening hours. Salary is dependent on experience, education, and certification. Benefits include health, dental, retirement plan, paid time-off days and holidays, and partial tuition remission for qualified dependent(s).
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed employment application by mail or email.
- View application and additional instructions from our website, www.woodinvillemontessori.org
Woodinville Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, national or ethnic origin, or other legally protected status in admission of otherwise qualified students, or in providing access to the rights, privileges, programs, or activities generally available to all students and their families, including educational policies, tuition assistance, and other school administered programs. Similarly, it does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.