Please note: If you are applying for any position at Latin American Montessori Bilingual School, are from outside the DC Metro area, and are attending the AMS conference in DC, please email email@example.com to arrange a time for a conversation. We are also seeking applicants for Montessori primary, lower elementary, and upper elementary teachers.
LAMB offers a unique model that provides bilingual Montessori public education to diverse, urban families in the nation’s capital. Serving children in PK3 through 5th grade, LAMB is a community that embraces our active parent community and maintains a staff that is committed to children and promotes peace and equality for all.
The Latin American Montessori Bilingual Public Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities. People of color and marginalized populations are highly encouraged to apply. LAMB is committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Principal/Chief Academic Officer (CAO) is an academic leader who understands the developmental learning stages of students, the value of a dual language program, and the Montessori curriculum. They lead the staff in aligning the program and reflection on practice with a goal towards continuous learning and improvement The CAO reports to the Executive Director and supervises the three Assistant Principals and instructional staff.
- To promote the mission of the Latin American Montessori Bilingual Public Charter School (LAMB) in which students build a foundation of knowledge essential for a lifetime of learning while developing bi-literacy in English and Spanish
- To assist in defining the educational goals of the school and community and to promote and maintain a school environment in which students and staff work and learn effectively and collectively
- To maintain a safe and positive school climate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Academics and Compliance
- Coordinate, organize and supervise curriculum with an eye towards the Montessor method while following state regulations and school policy
- Supervise the effective delivery and implementation of the bilingual component of the school (Spanish/English)
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Principals to ensure coordinated and cohesive programming across school sites
- Lead and support the development and implementation of school-wide plans to increase student achievement (especially students with identified academic, social and/or emotional challenges)
- Maintain contact and respond to all inquiries and provide required reports to school, state, and federal governing bodies
- Promote and model a collaborative working environment
- In concert with the Executive Director, architect a comprehensive talent acquisition and retention vision and strategic plan
- Create and nurture a learning environment for all LAMB staff.
- Develop and manage the the performance evaluation process for all staff.
- Lead and participate in the recruitiment and hiring of staff
- Lead whole staff and individual meetings to reflect on and improve instructional practice
- Develop and lead the provision of professional development opportunities for all teaching/ instructional staff and related service providers, specifically including Montessori philosophy and principles.
- Develop a targeted professional development plan for new and returning staff that is specifically focused on Montessori philosophy for new staff and for all returning staff to include Montessori philosophy
- Responsible for teacher and administration performance elevations and feedback
School Mission and Culture and Safety
- Embrace and champion LAMB’s mission, Montessori practice, and bilingual education
- Manage all issues dealing with the social, emotional, and physical safety of students, staff, and volunteers within the school
- Supervise teachers to ensure high standards and alignment with Montessori principles
- Embrace data-driven reflection on and improvement of practice across the school
- Develop and direct the professional development program
- Any other duties necessary to achieve the mission of the school
- Manage the work of key administration such as assistant principals
- Participate in the development and management of the school budget
- Design and manage the school calendar and staffing schedule
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to continue to develop and refine policies and procedures
Education and Experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field; Master’s preferred
- Diploma or credential from a MACTE accredited training program (or AMS Administrator credential)
- Demonstrated successful leadership in a senior administrative position
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience of three or more years; preferred in Montessori
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, parents, and staff from diverse backgrounds
- General knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive
- Exhibited leadership in working with staff, students, and the community towards achieving goals
- Agreement with and commitment to the mission, academic goals and Montessori philosophy of LAMB
- Commitment to accountability for student educational growth
- Agreement with and commitment to bilingual model
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in work with Lamb students, staff and larger community
- Cultivates effective relationships with all constituents, including students, families, faculty, staff, board of trustees, community members, and key stakeholders
- Fosters a culturally and socio-economically diverse population
Salary is commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package includes medical insurance (health, dental, & vision), retirement plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account (medical, dependent care, and transit), and vacation/sick leave.
Interested applicants should email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Anna Marie Yombo, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Successful completion of a background investigation is required for employment in this position. LAMB welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants. Salary is commensurate with experience. No phone calls and no employment agencies please.