Wellan Montessori School is seeking volleyball coaches for the Winter 2023 - 2024 season. Positions start the week of Dec 4th and conclude mid March, subject to season scheduling needs. Volleyball coaches will work with students in grades 4 - 8, coaching weekly practices and traveling to games at local schools.
Successful candidates will be patient, well organized, flexible, professional, and dependable; have strong communication skills; be able to positively motivate and coach young athletes; and be able to collaborate with other educators in our community to create an environment where students learn, socialize, explore, and grow together. At least one year of experience coaching young athletes is strongly preferred.
- Part-time position.
- Must be available to work the following hours for the duration of the season:
- Practices: Mondays and occasional Fridays, 3:00pm - 4:30pm.
- Games: Mondays and occasional Fridays, 2:30pm - 6:00pm.
- At least 1 year of relevant coaching experience is required.
- Active driver's license required.
- Experience working with students in grades 4 - 8 preferred.
- Letter of interest/cover letter, resume, and at least two references are required to be considered for this position.
Wellan Montessori School is an independent, coeducational school of approximately 300 students, age 15 months to grade 8, located in Newton Centre, MA. More information about Wellan can be found at www.wellan.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Wellan Montessori School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under federal or Massachusetts law. The School will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. The School's equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.