Little City Montessori is a new preschool opening in September 2020. We believe children should be nurtured and celebrated as individuals in order for them unlock their love for learning and build on their natural curiosity. We are excited to be forming our team of Lead Teachers, Assistant Teachers and Aides for the upcoming school year to join us on this journey. Located in the Olde Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, next to Northern Liberties and Fishtown, this school occupies a completely renovated space. Little City Montessori will be a beautiful school for you to start or continue your teaching career!
Assistant Teacher Responsibilities:
- Support the Lead Teacher in the classroom, implementing the Montessori curriculum and planning daily activities
- Set up the classroom with the Lead Teacher every morning, greeting your students and their parents when they arrive
- Assist with the morning routine with stories and/or songs
- Provide classroom management during work cycles, allowing them the space and environment to be successful
- Create and maintain an environment that is clean, organized and safe for all children
- Communicate with the Lead Teacher regarding all aspects of the children’s care as well as classroom management
- Act as a constant model of grace and courtesy for students to emulate
- Assist with lunchroom routine and duties
- Prep the classroom at the end of the day
- Oversight of toileting activities
- Assist and ensure safety during outdoor play
- Participate in school sponsored events
- Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of the school at all times
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all school standards
- Be responsible and flexible for all other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Assistant teacher applicants must meet the below requirements.
- Experience in a Montessori preschool
- Bilingual preferred
- Ideal candidates will be eager to learn, flexible and able to adapt to any situation that arises
This is a 12-month position with a 40 hour/week schedule. We offer a competitive salary, in addition to other benefits.
Little City Montessori strives to be an inclusive community. Discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age or disability is illegal and will not be tolerated. Little City Montessori will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees who need them for medical or religious reasons, as required by law.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com with “Toddler Assistant Teacher application” in the subject line of the email. Thank you!