Big Sky Discovery Academy
Discover Your Potential
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for the 2020/2021 School Year
Job: Full Time - Lead Montessori Teacher
Full or Part Time - Assistant Montessori Teacher
Location: Big Sky, Montana
Grades: Early Childhood ages 2.5-6
Early Childhood Montessori certification preferred, as well as a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. A minimum of two years of prior Montessori or Early Childhood classroom teaching preferred.
Our ideal candidates are energetic, self-motivated teachers who are child-centered and committed to both academic excellence and character development. Creativity and innovative ideas are embraced and encouraged. A candidate must be willing to collaborate with colleagues and communicate effectively with all members of the school community including families, students and staff. Additionally, a candidate must demonstrate flexibility to adapt curriculum to meet the needs of individual students.
Position requires a demonstrated ability to:
- Facilitate student learning with a calm/patient demeanor
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff, parents, and students
- Be aware of the developmental needs of early childhood students and maintain an understanding of best practice in a Montessori classroom
- Monitor student progress with a variety of assessment tools and measures of success
- Perform other duties as determined by EC Program Director and Head of School
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director and Head of School.
We require a Federal criminal/background records check.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits DOE
Deadline: Until filled
Send a cover letter, three reference names and contacts, two letters of recommendation, a resume and copies of relevant certifications or licensure to email@example.com