A leader who can quickly grow enrollment, attract and retain great staff, build a strong parent community, and ensure the educational experience for each child in every classroom is of the highest standard. As the School Director, you'll be responsible for providing leadership to the entire campus team. The director will assume leadership of a well-established school community with numerous opportunities for growth and development. Areas of potential impact include: nurturing the growth of our newer Elementary program in order to someday grow into offering adolescent Montessori programming; Embracing AMA’s goal of supporting Maria Montessori’s vision for Education for Peace through explicit actions towards advocating for equity and social justice; Nurturing the growth of high integrity Montessori programs in communities that have not had access in the past, locally and around the world; Increasing their own voice in the broader Montessori community through participation in AMA Montessori Institute’s various courses and seminars, attending conferences, and additional opportunities for impacting adults in their own development as Montessori educators and leaders.
The director has full responsibility for the implementation of our mission as a high-quality Montessori educational institution, strategic initiatives, and all day-to-day operations. The right candidate will have experience as a solid decision-maker with excellent judgment, an interest in growing and evolving as a leader, and someone who embodies leadership via Montessori principles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a strategic plan for the campus
- Creating a strong culture that embodies the mission of our organization
- Building a strong community among staff, parents, and children
- Ensuring delivery of an exceptional program
- Ensuring overall profitability targets are met (including managing campus budget) → enrollment and staffing (with measured KPIs)
- Working with the Associate Director to ensure enrollment targets are met
- Ensuring school and Montessori best practices are followed in all classrooms
- Hiring, supporting, developing, and managing teaching staff
- Ensuring school policies are being followed
- Working with the Associate Director in guiding staff
- Interfacing with parents to build community, answer questions, and resolve any concerns that may arise
- Coordinating and planning extracurricular activities and field trips
The American Montessori Academy delivers the highest standard of Montessori education by meeting the academic, social, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of children 8 weeks to 9 years of age. We are a network of independent Montessori schools that offers year-round, all-day programs based upon the Montessori Method in stimulating learning facilities, located in the South Loop, Andersonville (opening fall 2021), affiliates on the North Shore, and online through engaging remote learning curriculum.
Our main objectives are to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which helps children develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning. When engaged in well-structured tasks, the students experience a deep inner satisfaction which leaves them with an overall positive attitude toward the joy of learning.
Pay range $50,000 - $65,000 depending on experience and education.
Please visit us at www.amaschools.com and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org