ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
DuPage Montessori School was established in 1987 with two locations. Our 3-6 year old classrooms are seeking 2 Teacher Assistants for the 21/22 school year, with possible earlier start date, at our Wheaton location, which is in a western suburb of Chicago. The applicant should have a passion for teaching and learning, be a creative thinker, and a team player. Must possess excellent observation, communication and writing skills.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Applicants should be patient, flexible and have a positive attitude in working with all children, including those of varying abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration/teamwork skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, kneel, bend to child level, work on the floor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Encourage students to meaningfully engage in work and find joy in learning.
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Help students develop a positive behavior.
- Maintain and enforce school policies.
- Maintain a welcoming environment and geared towards all children ages 2.5-6 years.
- Understand and promote the school's mission and values.
Full or Part Time
Full Time 7:30-3:30, and 8:00-4:00 (40 hours) 9.5 months with the possibility of summer employment.
Part Time 7:30-1:00 and 8:00-1:00 (5-5.5 hours)
Based on experience and education.
Interested parties should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-653-1221