Are you dedicated to using Montessori principles for the optimal development of each student?
Do you want to share your passion for lifelong learning and nurture the next generation to foster their love of learning, creativity, and self-regard?
Do you enjoy guiding High School students to be productive individuals both inside and outside of the school community? If so, we might want to meet you.
Woodinville Montessori School has created a learning environment to support the whole child’s growth and development for the past 40 years. Woodinville Montessori School is fully accredited through 12th grade by NWAIS, AMS, and approved by Washington State. WMS operates on two campuses, the original campus in Woodinville which is home to four Early Childhood classrooms, and the main campus in Bothell, home to two Toddler, four Early Childhood, nine Elementary, and two Secondary classrooms. The leadership team actively collaborates in guiding and supporting the faculty, staff, students, and families that call the WMS community home. The High School Math & Science Teacher will work in a collaborative team setting in the instruction and supervision of a cohort of 10-16 students out of a larger group of students, 9th – 12th grade. Throughout the year, the teacher will work with the Middle & High School Program Director to ensure that students have the necessary tools and time to devote themselves to their work, building a cohesive community and continuing to develop the love of learning. The Bothell campus is conveniently located off I-405 just north of State route 522.
This full-time, academic year position starts August 19, 2024, with the hours of Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with the flexibility to work on the occasional evening and weekend.
- Possess keen awareness of the functioning of the whole while also paying attention to individual and small group needs.
- Be committed to excellent communication with students, families, staff, and the rest of the school leadership team.
- Exhibit a high degree of organization and attention to detail and an understanding of how to convey this to students.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current research in human development and learning in support of the Montessori educational approach and enjoyment of children.
- Contribute positively to the school community beyond the job specific tasks, including active cross-level collaboration with a can-do attitude and chaperoning overnight field trips.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; Master’s degree is preferable.
- MACTE accredited Secondary I - II Certification required; AMS Certificate preferred.
- Three or more years of teaching experience in a High School classroom
- Understanding of and commitment to Montessori Philosophy
- Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each student.
- TB test
- National & State background checks
Salary range is $50,000 - $90,000 per year, dependent on education, training, and experience. Benefits health, dental, vision, Long-Term Disability, life, and supplemental insurance, paid time off, 403b retirement plan, professional development allowance.
Applicants should submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Woodinville Montessori School, resume, and employment application found on our website, woodinvillemontessori.org
Woodinville Montessori School celebrates the diversity of our school and local communities including race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, national or ethnic origin. We welcome candidates representing the diversity of the world in our educational programs, tuition assistance, hiring, and other school administered programs.