Montessori Primary Guide
Beginnings Montessori School, an accredited, non-profit, independent school nestled in the historic district of Cumberland, MD, is actively seeking a lead Primary Guide in our established program for the 2024-25 school year. In operation since 1978, Beginnings Montessori combines small-town charm with Montessori’s broad vision for a more peaceful world. Our close-knit, collaborative faculty comprises certified teachers who take pride in delivering an authentic Montessori education to children from 3 years to 6th grade.
Beginnings has a small but vibrant community of families and faculty. We are committed to anti-bias education across all programs and celebrate the exchange of new ideas. We do our best to honor Maria Montessori’s ideal to follow the child and respect each child’s individual growth and needs.
This posting is for the 2024-25 school year, but the position is currently open if a candidate is available for immediate hire.
Skills and Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
- Montessori Certified for the primary (3-6) environment from a MACTE accredited institution
- Deep understanding of and passion for the Montessori pedagogy
- Intellectually curious with a desire for lifelong learning
- Practical experience applying the Montessori pedagogy in the primary environment
- Solid communication skills and an ability to cultivate relationships with colleagues, parents, and students
- Possesses effective and kind classroom management skills
- Excels in preparing a stimulating and engaging learning environment
*A candidate with previous experience in early childhood education or child care would be considered if willing to complete certification training through a MACTE accredited program (financed by Beginnings)
Beginnings offers competitive salaries based on experience
Budgeted Professional Development
Education Required Position Type
Bachelor’s Degree Full-Time