Pathway Montessori is a children's house located on an acre of land in Downers Grove. Since 2006, our one-room-schoolhouse has thrived with an intimate family community that supports our school whole-heartedly.
We are seeking an energetic individual who is ready to commit time and attention to our Early Childhood classroom. Candidates should be motivated to engage with children and flexible in meeting their needs.
As a learning environment, we foster curiousity and growth in our staff. Mentoring new teachers and adult learners in a supportive environment, is central to our school philosophy.
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree.
- Have experience in a 3-6 environment.
- Hold an Early Childhood Certificate from a MACTE accredited training center OR working toward certification.
- Be open to instruction and direction in support of the children's development and Montessori philosophy.
- Have physical agility and strength to lift children of 40lbs.
- Be prepared for daily outdoor activity.
- Provide a resume.
This position is full-time throughout the school year. We also offer summer employment: full-time or part-time.
Compensation is based on experience. Certified teachers are salaried for the 9 month school year.
To view our school, please feel welcome to visit our website https://www.pathwaymontessori.org/ or facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pathwaymontessoriDG/