Headwaters School, a Pre-K through grade 12 independent day school serving 540 students across its three campuses in Austin, TX, is seeking an Early Elementary Guide in our Elementary School for the 2019-2020 Academic Year.
At Headwaters, our esteemed Faculty are responsible for fostering a positive environment of learning that responds to the particular needs of each child and classroom environment; helping each student to develop identity formation, to live authentically, to think expansively and to create bravely. Our ideal candidate will have Lower Elementary Montessori certification, as well as a Bachelor’s degree.
The Early Elementary Guide reports directly to our Head of Elementary School.
- Bachelor's Degree required, degree in Education or a related field preferred
- Montessori certification in Lower or Upper Elementary, required
- 3 - 5 years of teaching experience, preferred
- Passion for working with elementary school-aged children
- A commitment to personal and professional development
- Is a creative individual and team player
- Ability to maintain calm and focus
- Operates with a high level of integrity
- Highly organized & tech savvy
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Work with approximately 26 children in a classroom setting with a co-guide
- Support the children through their classroom experience
- Research and create instruction that supports the development of the cognitive, emotional, social, physical and spiritual growth of the child
- Develop and maintain an environment that meets the sensitive period/plane of development of the children he/she works with
- Maintain communication that supports an understanding of the school's program, develops positive relationships with the school community, and protects the privacy and confidentiality of each student and family in the school community
- Maintain an on-going dialogue with the Campus Head and Learning Specialist to coordinate curriculum integration and implementation
- Establish a positive relationship with parents of the community and maintain regular communication with regard to their child's specific needs, as well as helping to develop an understanding of the Montessori curriculum
- Actively participate in school functions, including Open Houses, Parent Orientations, campus fundraisers, etc.
- Participate in a regular evaluation process including classroom observations, self evaluations, interim and annual performance evaluations, and annual goal-setting
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and on school premises
- Serve as an ambassador of the School's mission and philosophy
- Perform other duties, as assigned
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position and compensation is competitive for the greater Austin area. The school offers a wide-range of benefits including generous paid time off, 100% paid medical insurance for an employee on our HSA/High Deductible plan, 401(k) employer matching, on-going professional support and continuing education opportunities, and a unique working environment where you are able to share and receive ongoing feedback.
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and educational philosophy statement Leslie Hirsch, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com to apply.
As a 501(c)3 non-profit school, Headwaters School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Headwaters School complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Headwaters School expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Headwaters School employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.