The International Montessori School of Beijing (MSB) is seeking an experienced and inspiring Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
In this role, you will oversee and maintain the school’s curriculum and delivery of the Montessori inspired pedagogy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Model the essential Montessori principles and inspire the staff to create and provide stimulating and enthusiastic Montessori inspired learning environments.
- Facilitate the daily mechanics and scheduling of the school day and year.
- Ensure that all members of the Academic team are familiar with their responsibilities as laid out in their job descriptions.
- Maintain a knowledge of all students, their progress and development.
- Maintain an active awareness and acquaintance with the parent body.
- Conduct parent conferences with staff to support on-going communication of student progress.
- Support the staff with the management of student behavioural, social and emotional issues.
- Meet with the academic coordinators regularly and conduct curriculum planning sessions for the development of units of study and lesson planning.
- Organise regularly scheduled coordinator’s meetings.
- Oversee the development of a clearly articulated, working curriculum.
- Review weekly lesson plans which will outline the goals, content and support resources to be undertaken in all the classrooms.
- Oversee the development of resources for the Academic library which will support the on-going development of the faculty.
- Coordinate the yearly orders of materials, books, resources and supplies.
- Prepare and maintain the academic sections of the Teacher Handbook.
- Prepare and maintain the academic sections of the Parent Handbook.
- Maintain weekly informal classroom visits on a rotational basis
- Maintain formal classroom visits followed by formal classroom evaluations, twice a year for each instructional staff member.
- Support staff emotionally and intellectually to meet their daily needs and demands of their vocation.
- Meet weekly with each staff member in a “touch-base” to remain abreast to the development of each classroom and student.
- Native English Speaker, passport issued by USA, Canada, UK, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Montessori qualifications (Early childhood and elementary Montessori certificate) is preferred, but not necessary
- Current teaching certification from country of origin
- BA degree with a minimum of 8 years teaching experience
- Experience in U.S. style education preferred
- Master (or higher) degree in Curriculum and Instruction (or related) preferred
- Enthusiastic, outgoing nature, effective communicator
- Ability to embrace a team teaching concept
- Ability to work in a team and team management experience is required
- Enthusiasm for new cultures and experiences
- Creative problem solving skills and able to support your team member for solving problems
- Able to provide suggestion or supporting for curriculum planning
- Rich experience in parent communication and student management.
We provide excellent salary based on educational and professional background. In addition:
- Housing allowance
- Free international health insurance (not valid for the US)
- Home-leave airfare reimbursement
- Up to 180 paid vacation days
- Free meal at campus during working hours
- and much more!
Established in 1990, the International Montessori School of Beijing (MSB) is a member of AMS, providing English Only and Dual Language programmes to over 400 students from 21 countries, from early childhood to grade 6 (18 months to 12 years).
Our beautifully designed 11,000 sq. meters campus includes Nursery, Kindergarten, Reception and Elementary wings plus sports fields and different play areas. For more information please visit www.msb.edu.cn.
Teachers at MSB are valued members of our international community and are passionate about creating a stimulating and inspiring Montessori learning environment.
MSB is part of Wisdom International Education Group, leading organisation in the Asia-Pacific region that boasts Montessori international schools, Montessori bilingual kindergarten in major Chinese cities and a Montessori teacher training institute in Beijing.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org