Shrewsbury Montessori School is seeking a part time experienced Learning Specialist for the 2020-2021 school year who is able to work individually and in small group with students, kindergarten through grade 6 to provide direct instruction in reading, language arts, math, and study skills. The Learning Specialist works as part of a team with teachers and administrators to aid student learning through instruction, develop learning strategies tailored to a student’s particular learning style and provide teacher support.
The ideal candidate:
- has a minimum of 3 years experience as a Learning Specialist and/or Reading Specialist
- is experienced with various reading programs specifically Orton-Gillingham or Wilson Reading System
- is experienced using assessments to produce data to document student progress
- works collaboratively with all members of the school community
- has excellent written and spoken communication skills
- is self-directed with a strong work ethic
- has a working knowledge of the elementary content in all subject areas
- has the ability to think creatively to help individual children and to work collaboratively with other professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Special Education or related field
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Certification in Orton-Gillingham or Wilson Reading System (preferred)
- Montessori experience (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject: “Learning Specialist Application: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS values and will not be tolerated by SMS. SMS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.