We are seeking a full-time Associate Teacher to join our current Upper Elementary staff for the 2019-2020 school year. The Associate Teacher will work collaboratively with the Head Teacher and the Upper Elementary team to observe, plan and implement the Chiaravalle curriculum consistent with the Montessori Method and principles. This position is a 40 hour per week position from 8am to 4pm and will report to the classroom Head Teacher.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Partner with Head Teacher to include best practices in the classroom based on current research in child development and education, which are appropriate to the learning objectives for the age group.
- Partner with Head Teacher to develop and implement an individualized/differentiated learning plan in order to meet the cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual growth of each child in your class. Implement strategies and accommodations to support student learning. Provide students with timely, clear and constructive feedback.
- Establish meaningful, respectful relationships with each child working toward the goal of independence.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining a clean and orderly Montessori environment in which the furnishings and materials are complete, appealing and appropriate to the needs of the age group.
- Assist in rotating, editing and introducing materials to meet the needs and interests of students.
- Participate with the Head Teacher in maintaining complete and ongoing written, anecdotal records of observations and lessons, student portfolios, photos, videos, assessments and progress monitoring for each child in your class.
Education and Experience Requirements include:
- A Bachelor's degree is required. A Bachelor's degree in education is preferred.
- At least two years of teaching experience is required. Experience in a Montessori setting is a plus.
- Teacher certification (i.e. Montessori Certification or Professional Educator License) is required.
- Excellent observation, interpersonal, active listening, verbal and written communication, organizational, and prioritization skills are essential.
- Must have basic skills in differentiation and class management.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package included.