Jackson Walnut Park School is an early childhood and primary school sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph. Located in an historic neighborhood in Newton, JWP features an accredited Montessori early childhood program and a K-6 independent school in the Catholic tradition. The school offers a rich, discovery-based curriculum, which includes STEAM education at all grades,, and foundations in three languages by sixth grade: Spanish, Mandarin and Latin. A vibrant arts program, diverse after school activities and childcare options, and a caring, values-based community that espouses the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston support the development of well-rounded children who, in the words of our mission: “love learning, love God, and love one another.”
Jackson Walnut Park School seeks Substitute Teachers for the 2023-2024 school year.
Broad responsibilities include:
- Following teacher-provided lesson plans in the event of a teacher absence.
- Maintaining expectations for student behavior, supporting students in understanding community standards with positive reinforcement and guidance.
- Assisting with daily non-classroom duties (drop-off, lunch, pick-up, etc…) as assigned as part of the teacher’s normal duties.
- Communicating with teacher about how the day went.
- Conducting one’s self in a manner consistent with the school’s mission and values, and as a role model for the young people in our charge
Wide and flexible availability, particularly on short notice, for the duration of the school day (8:00am-2:45pm). Substitute teachers should possess a college degree or be significantly advanced in college with a major or minor in education. Pluses include: Prior school experience and Montessori experience..
Compensation for substitute teachers is $125 per day. Interested candidates can obtain additional information about the school by visiting our website at www.jwpschools.org.
To apply, candidates should electronically submit a letter of interest and a resume with contact information for three to five references to email@example.com indicating Montessori Substitute Teacher in the subject line. No telephone inquiries please. All electronic applications will be acknowledged upon receipt, and those candidates who best match Walnut Park Montessori’s qualifications will be contacted.
Jackson Walnut Park School, in the treatment of employees and applicants for employment, is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination. The school and its representatives follow the laws that govern hiring practices and focus fairly and consistently with every applicant on the talent, skills, and abilities needed for the job.