As a school, Mission Montessori is looking to support our families by providing in-home, high-quality educational care for their children. We are seeking caring, enthusiastic, and committed child care professionals to join our team temporarily as nannies for these families. We’re especially interested in educators who are excited to learn more about Montessori and how to implement Montessori in children’s homes! This is a temporary position (lengths vary depending on the family), but when it ends, you may request to work with another family or join us long-term as part of our on-campus team.
Your main responsibilities would include providing activities that will promote development, caring for children’s social emotional needs, communicating with parents and the rest of the teaching team, and more. This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience with—and a love of—children, and who would like to learn more about Montessori!
Start date is flexible, but we would love someone who can begin in early December.
Pay & Benefits
- Pay is $18-$21/hour, DOE.
- This is a full-time, overtime-eligible position with paid sick leave and paid health insurance benefits.
- A joyful disposition and love of working with children
- Ability to interact with families in a warm, empathetic, competent, and respectful manner
- Willingness and ability to toilet train, change diapers, and maintain a clean environment
- Punctuality and dependability
- Knowledge of Montessori philosophy (not required, but a plus!)
- Fluency in Spanish (not required, but a plus!)
- A criminal background check
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Assurance that you are following social distancing guidelines
- Assurance that you will immediately notify us if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Located in a beautiful historic building in San Francisco’s bustling Mid-Market neighborhood, Mission Montessori is San Francisco’s only Montessori school with programs for children from infancy through elementary. Mission Montessori believes our goal as educators is to help each child become a passionate member of the human community who is confident, creative, and flourishing. We pride ourselves on taking our mission to heart and having a school culture that supports our mission. We know that our students thrive when we, as adults, feel passionate about our work and create an environment where we also feel confident, creative, and flourishing.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply at www.missionmontessori.org/join-our-team!
If you have questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.