The Franklin Montessori School is a private school serving approximately 180 students ages 3 months to 6 years. Established in 2002, Franklin opened our Washington, DC Forest Hills campus to bring its unique style to an urban setting. A fully accredited American Montessori Society school, we adhere strongly to our mission: We believe that when free, the potential of the human spirit is unlimited. In our thoughtfully prepared environment, children gain confidence and develop the social, physical and academic skills that will serve them for life. We are guides, as the young child discovers through exploration. From this foundation the doors to independence, self-discipline, and leadership is unlocked.
With over 19,000 square feet of interior space, the school has 4 fully equipped primary Montessori classrooms, 4 Two-Year-Old classrooms, 2 Infant classrooms, indoor and outdoor play spaces, a well-stocked library, a beautiful art studio for primary children, and access to Rock Creek Park - home of our nature program “Beyond the Walls”.
To learn more, check out our website at www.franklinmontessori.com
- - - - - - -
We are seeking passionate and positive role models with a strong work ethic who actively embrace life-long learning as well as a collaborative approach to education.
- Commitment to helping Metro Montessori continue to set the standard for high-quality Montessori education at every level
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience working with young children; in a school setting or a child-care facility
- Help maintain a safe, healthy, loving, and nurturing environment for all children
- Participate in staff meetings and required teacher training
- Be physically active, engaged, and able to lift 40 pounds
We have an opening for a Full-time Permanent Substitute: This is a 12-month position and experience working with young children is strongly preferred. Benefits are available. If you would like to apply, please reply to this posting with your cover letter and resume.