Greenspring Montessori School is seeking a full-time Floating Assistant to work with students ages 18 months through 8th grade in classrooms and during our after-school programs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help to prepare the classroom environment
- Manage the “flow” of the classroom
- Support children in their own resolution of conflicts and concerns
- Be a role model for children in speech, tone, demeanor, and actions
- Help set up for and clean up after nap
- Support dismissal
- Assist with cleaning
- Assist children with toileting
- Serve the needs of the children and community
- Have an interest in Montessori education
- Have a great love for working with young children
- Have a strong work ethic
- Actively seek professional growth and development
- Be a team player
- Be solution-oriented
- Be seeking a long-term position
- Be excited to join the Greenspring Montessori School community!
This is a 10-month, full-time position. The hours are Monday through Friday from 8:15am to 4:15pm. The salary is $12-$14 per hour, based on experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Pass a background check
- Have OCC qualifications for preschoolers
- Have previous experience with preschoolers
During first year of employment:
- Attend a Greenspring Montessori training workshop for new assistants
- Review Assistants’ manual
- Review assigned Montessori books, articles, and videos
After one year of employment:
- Attend an assistants’ training course offered by an accredited Montessori training program (expense to be paid by the school)
Authorization to work in the United States is a pre-condition of employment at Greenspring Montessori School.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.