About The School:
Bellevue Montessori School, an established leader in Montessori education on Seattle’s Eastside since 1966, seeks an experienced Lower Elementary Head Teacher for a multi-age elementary classroom (grades 1–3).
Our elementary program continues to grow, now with two full age-range Lower Elementary classrooms and one Upper Elementary classroom. With our newly renovated facilities, our campus has a treehouse feeling with beautiful, naturally lit classrooms and evergreen trees just outside our classrooms.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University
- AMS or AMI certification/Diploma in Elementary Education from a MACTE recognized or affiliate Teacher Education Program
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with children at this age level
- A strong foundation in and understanding of Montessori philosophy and pedagogy, as well as an interest in current educational research and innovative practices
- Proven ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Ability to collaborate with a Learning Specialist to implement a variety of instructional methods or programs to meet the needs of children with learning differences
- Willingness to work with peers in day-to-day activities, instruction, classroom management, transitions, experiential learning, and parent communication
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Proficiency with technology for recordkeeping, parent communication, and other assorted tasks
- A love of learning and mindset of professional and personal growth
Bellevue Montessori School offers a competitive wage and benefit package. BMS offers a ten month contract with 2 week summer employment to our Elementary Head Teachers and the possibility for further summer employment.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Susan K. Locke, M.Ed., Director.