School Overview: Coastal Montessori Charter School (CMCS) is a public charter school for Grades 1 – 8 under the sponsorship of Georgetown County School District. Over 250 students are currently enrolled.
Job Purpose: This position exists to facilitate and oversee the delivery of the School’s Mission Statement, namely, “to produce highly-educated, self-directed, socially-responsible citizens who work collaboratively, respectfully, and peacefully as individual yet interdependent learners in a diverse and nurturing environment.” The incumbent reports to the School’s Board of Directors.
- Required Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree preferably from an accredited program/school with a major in educational administration
- A valid South Carolina teaching certificate in Elementary Administration or similar license from another state
- 3 years’ experience as a principal or school administrator
- 7 years’ experience (preferably Montessori) in a school environment, preferably elementary or middle school
- Montessori experience and credentials (preferably from an AMI or AMS accredited program)
- Operational Duties
- Serves as chief administrative and supervisory official of the school, responsible for all facets of operation
- Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing public charter schools in South Carolina
- Ensures the Montessori philosophy, program, curriculum, and environment are maintained, ensures compliance with CMCS’s charter, and helps to prepare and submit CMCS’s charter for renewal
- Develops the school’s budget for approval by the Board, monitors revenues and expenditures against approved budget
- Manages the School’s resources responsibly, both fiscally and ethically
- Helps to identify and recommend additional revenue sources for the school
- Facilitates the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all programs intended to deliver a shared vision of excellence in teaching and learning, firmly grounded in Montessori philosophy.
- Pursues and maintains a positive school climate for students
Board Relations & Reporting Requirements:
- Maintains accurate employee records and all related documentation as required by state law and charter policies
- Oversees teacher and staff development, licensure, certification, and re-certification
- Provides on-going performance feedback, coaching, and ensures that annual performance reviews of staff, SLO goal progress, and annual employment agreements are up to date
- Recommends annual goals to the Board and assists the Board in reviewing and revising these plans
- Presents an annual budget to the Board for its consideration and approval
- Provides accurate and timely communication of Board policies and strategic initiatives to teachers, staff, GSCD, and the community
- Reports to the Board regularly on the status of all school operations, and immediately on matters which may become an issue for parents, our authoritative bodies, and/or the community
- Assists with the development of policies and contracts for Board approval and long-range operational planning for CMCS
Student Recruitment and Retention
- Acts as a liaison and a collaborative leadership figure to school community
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative relationship with GCSD and its schools
- Enlists the support of volunteers and others in the community to help accomplish the goal of creating an environment that fosters the success of all students by reaching out and building strong partnerships with the community
- Develops, supervises, and helps to implement a comprehensive and effective recruitment and retention plan
- Demonstrates a firm commitment to recruiting a racially and socioeconomically diverse student body
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Broad and current knowledge of Montessori curriculum and instruction
- Dedicated and committed to Montessori philosophy
- Demonstrated management and leadership abilities and demonstrated ability to obtain results from others
- Ability to engage in long-term planning and strategic thinking
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels of CMCS and the community
- Skilled and comfortable working with financial data, highest understanding of financial management needs and reporting requirements
** The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required for this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people performing this job.
Additional Position Details:
Start Date: July 1st, 2020; 1-week orientation to begin June 24th before agreement start date.
Working Agreement: 240 Day Agreement
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: Dependent on experience and qualifications
- Benefits: Full-time administrators receive insurance benefits as well as the opportunity to enroll in our retirement, which is a 403b with up to 5 percent matching
Application and Hiring Process:
Applications will be received until 5:00PM EST on Wednesday, January 15th, 2020.
For consideration, please provide the following as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Cover Letter addressed to CMCS Board
2) Resume or C.V.
3) Three (3) professional references and last or current last supervisor (If there is an issue with contacting your current supervisor/Board, please so state and explain the reason or reasons)
4) Two Letters of Reference
5) Salary expectations
If you have questions about the position, school, or the application process, please send an email to email@example.com. Notice: Coastal Montessori Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer