Primary Teacher Substitute Teacher for November 11-27, 2019
Position Description About Busy Bees Montessori School:
Primary Teacher Position Description: Under the direction of the Head of School and the Principal, the Primary Teacher will instruct a primary classroom consisting 3- 6-year-old students. The Primary Teacher will be responsible for presenting the primary curriculum to students, participating in parent education and conferences, record-keeping, and assessment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Curriculum, Materials, and Classroom Management:
- Presenting consistent and individual group lessons to the students and supporting each child’s direction and success.
- Working with students of varying abilities assigned to the classroom, including those with learning exceptionalities, as well as attending meetings to support children who require it.
- Preparing the Montessori classroom environment to meet the students’ needs and interests.
Parent Education, Meetings, and Conferences:
- Assisting in the development of and participates in school functions, including but not limited to open houses, orientation meetings, parent education, and school-wide activities.
- Preparing documents and reports necessary to facilitate parent teacher conferences or other meetings requested by parents or school administration.
Record-Keeping and Data Assessment:
- Maintaining student records, reports, evaluations, inventories, and tests.
- Completing all progress monitoring and benchmark assessments on time as scheduled by administration.
- Participating in all assessment-related trainings.
- Preparing student progress reports and assessment reports as required by administration.
Supervision of Classroom Assistant:
- Collaborate daily with classroom assistant and provide direction for classroom maintenance, classroom management, and students’ academic and social progress.
- Provide guidance in data collection tools as well as Montessori philosophy.
- Participate in assistant’s annual employee review.
A successful candidate will: ? Possess AMS, AMI primary certification in addition to at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree ? Have at least 3 years classroom experience, preferably in a public or urban setting ? Demonstrates a willingness to integrate data and assessment with Montessori curriculum in order to close the achievement gap for our students ? Have a firm commitment to upholding the school’s mission