Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers a Montessori education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and private middle schools. Our core values of knowing every child during their Foundational Decade of Learning and partnering with parents propel students to reach their potential.
Kingsley has a busy admissions landscape, and there are many events to plan and families to serve. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a team of professionals who collaborate with high expectations toward common goals.
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management (DEM), the Admissions Assistant or Assistant Director of Admissions supports all functions of the Admission Office. Primary responsibilities include supporting all aspects of Enrollment Management including parent relations, representing Kingsley at events, data entry, database and file management (ONproducts/blackbaud), event coordination, and general support to the Early Childhood community. This is a full time, 12-month position.
Final title for this role will be determined by the professional experience and qualifications of the candidate upon hiring. A candidate hired into the Assistant Director of Admissions role will perform all duties and tasks outlined below and additionally, be granted the opportunity to have at least one unique area of leadership in the Enrollment Management Office to be determined in partnership with the Director of Enrollment Management.
- Provide outstanding and sincere customer service to prospective and current school families, both in person, on the telephone, and via email.
- Parent visit and child visit scheduling
- Coordinate with parent volunteers and teachers
ADMINISTRATION & EVENTS:
- Support the work of the DEM
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications team regarding Admissions communications and materials
- Event planning, logistics, setup, and break-down
- Staff admission office when DEM is off-site
- Learn basic information about primary education, early childhood development, and children in general and gain complete grasp of Boston independent school landscape specifically in order to answer frequently asked questions of prospective families making inquiries
- Within six months on the job, be able to lead campus tours for prospective families
- Prepare materials for a variety of events
- Maintain RSVPs for Admission events
- Prepare admission materials for all applicants if/as needed
- Represent Kingsley at school fairs
- Complete organizational tasks for all Admission events, including staffing registration table, room setup, making name tags, obtaining and setting up refreshments, completing maintenance requests, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Run reports in Veracross and Blackbaud Enrollment Management System (formerly OnBoard)
- Build and generate diverse reports and lists for projecting and tracking enrollment
- Troubleshoot issues on Blackbaud with Blackbaud support
- Data-analysis and report preparation, including NAIS and others
- Create reports from admission database as directed, include status reports of admission funnel progression, re-enrollment of returning students, and attrition. Assist in the preparation of statistics as requested by the DEM.
- BA/BS degree required
- Admissions, Montessori, independent school and/or marketing experience preferred
- Excellent technology and software skills, including Blackbaud, Google suite, Veracross. Ability to learn new platforms.
- Strong time management and general organizational skills
- Logistical and creative thinking
- Attentive to detail
- Commitment to excellence
- A respectful, empathetic, polished communicator who can interface with and effectively motivate people from all walks of life and a diverse array of backgrounds
- Exude a positive, will do, collaborative attitude
- Possesses sincere interest in and admiration for children and educators
- Ability to walk up and down flights of stairs
- Competitive, independent school salaries
- Matching 403b plan
- Dental, Health, and Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Extensive, professional development opportunities, including Montessori training
- Qualified transportation program
- Kingsley tuition remission of up to 50% for eligible children of full-time employees
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION* BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with overview of your background and experience with children and education
- A current resume
*Electronic file names must be in the following format:
- FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year
- FirstName LastName Resume Year