Located in the heart of Cambridge, MA, Cambridge Montessori School is a coeducational independent day school currently enrolling students from toddler through grade eight. Since 1963, CMS has served Cambridge and surrounding towns. CMS is a dynamic, international community, which reflects the diverse culture and rich educational resources of the region and enrolls students from over 20 different countries. Cambridge Montessori School is accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Association of Independent Schools in New England, and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and Montessori Schools of Massachusetts. CMS educates the whole child, applying the Montessori philosophy in a joyful learning environment. We partner with our diverse community, using authentic Montessori principles, to reveal each child’s innate love of learning and prepare our children to thrive in a complex world.
Cambridge Montessori School seeks a full-time Primary Lead Montessori teacher. Applicants must be trained and certified for Early Childhood (3-6 years old). Three or more years of Montessori teaching experience are desirable.
We seek flexible, imaginative, creative teachers who can effectively plan and problem-solve with a team. The ability to understand and willingness to work with a range of learning styles is required. We expect our faculty to be involved and active in the school community. The lead teacher should be confident, professional, and have a sense of humor. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with students, parents, colleagues, and others. Strong writing skills are a prerequisite. Above all, a strong foundation in Montessori, along with respect for and love of children, is essential to function effectively in this child-centered environment.
Our school is located in three buildings (Toddler/Primary, Elementary, and Middle School) all close to beautiful Danehy Park offering ample outdoor opportunities for our students and staff. We work to incorporate regular interactions between our staff and students in all three buildings. We have an active family association and community events are regularly scheduled throughout the year.
- Applicants must be Montessori trained and certified for ages 3-6 years old
- Three or more years of Montessori teaching experience are desirable
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- CORI/SORI check will be required before joining our team
This position is for the 2023-2024 academic year, September through June. Salary is based on experience and background. The school offers a competitive benefits package. We are seeking a long-term commitment to the school.
Professional Development and Training
- CPR certification training will be provided to all new staff who do not have existing and/or current certification
- Professional development opportunities are scheduled and available to all staff throughout the school year
- Montessori philosophy and pedagogy training provided during orientation week and throughout the school year.
- Membership to the American Montessori Society is provided and staff members are encouraged to take advantage of the resources and opportunities that membership offers.
- All three of our buildings are convenient to MBTA transit via bus and the red line (Alewife, Porter, and Davis stations)
- Competitive salary
- Built-in planning time
- Receive school vacation weeks and most holidays off closely following the Cambridge Public School calendar
- Personal/sick days
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- HRA plan (CMS will fund the first $800 towards deductible expenses)
- Life and AD&D coverage is provided at no cost. New staff are automatically enrolled in the plan when first eligible.
- 403B retirement plan (eligible after working one year)
- Healthcare FSA plan, dependent care FSA plan, and transit commuter benefit plans available
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) plans - which includes EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary benefits offered through Aflac which include Accident Insurance, Cancer protection, Hospital Confinement, and Lump sum critical illness
- Discounted pet insurance
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Bailey Turner, Director of Toddler and Primary Programs
Cambridge Montessori School is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA+ people, and people who come from low income or working-class backgrounds. All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws. CMS is a non-sectarian institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or cultural origin, sexual orientation, family style, political belief, or disability in the administration of its admissions, financial assistance, education or employment practices.