The American Montessori Society (AMS) is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education programs. A not-for-profit membership based in New York City, with more than 19,000 members world-wide, AMS is the hub of all things Montessori: an information center for its members, the media, and the public; a voice in the public arena; and a mobilizing force for the global Montessori community, through support services, accreditation, credentialing, and affiliation services, research, and professional development events and offerings.
AMS is classified as a 501(c) (3) (i.e., tax-exempt, nonprofit) organization.
AMS envisions a world in which quality Montessori education is widely recognized, highly desired, and accessible to all.
- Key Contact: Executive Director
- Classification: Contractor
- Compensation: $85/hour with an estimate of 125 hours annually
- Worksite: This is a hybrid position. In person work is in Boston, MA.
- To Apply: Only applications complete with a link to video submission, cover letter and resume will be considered.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Updated resume.
- Cover letter (maximum 400 words) detailing your interest in the role and describe your skills and experience in:
- knowledge of Montessori, research, and practice
- communication with diverse audiences, including public speaking, writing, and convening multiple stakeholders
- experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion and ABAR education
- leadership, creativity, and initiative
- Video submission (maximum 3 minutes) answering the following questions:
- Why are you passionate about Montessori?
- Describe a time when you communicated a complex idea to an audience.
- How would you handle disagreements or controversies on air, primarily concerning Montessori philosophy?
- In your view, what is the role of a podcast in promoting and expanding the reach of the Montessori method?
Note to the applicant: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.