Greenspring Montessori School has been offering a Montessori education to students for over 60 years. Nestled on a 7-acre property that was originally a dairy farm, students ages 18 months through grade 8 thrive in our newly renovated buildings, state of the art Montessori classrooms, and rich outdoor learning environments.
Greenspring Montessori School is seeking a Toddler Guide to work with 2-3 year olds for the 2023-24 school year. The right candidate is a loving, experienced, and mature leader with a deep commitment to implementing authentic Montessori practice.
- Create a beautiful and inspiring Montessori prepared environment.
- Cultivate a nurturing, respectful, inspiring, empowering, and safe learning environment for the children.
- Provide and support deeply engaging learning experiences in accordance with authentic Montessori philosophy and practice.
- Create a rich culture of grace and courtesy in the classroom.
- Assure that Montessori methods, classroom environment, and individual student needs are well addressed.
- Lesson plan weekly to ensure each child’s unique needs are being met in each area of the curriculum with lessons that support and generate curiosity and wonder, a deep love of learning, and strong academic skills.
- Keep accurate records, updated weekly, on individual students’ development and needs.
- Strive to observe for at least 15 minutes a day, and record these observations.
- Following the Student Support Protocol for students that present needs.
- Model and teach appropriate conflict resolution and problem solving strategies.
- Collaborate and support guides throughout the school to effectively develop, share and participate in learning activities and community events.
Student Family and Support:
- Ensure warm and effective connection between home and school, and support ongoing communication among the triad of parents, students, and the teaching team.
- Educate and fully support full parent understanding of the beauty and importance of Montessori Education on the spiritual, academic, emotional, and social development for the young child.
- Provide parent-teacher conferences three times a year to provide feedback on students’ intellectual, emotional, and social development.
- Create well written, educational and insightful conference summaries, progress reports, and newsletters.
- Ensure successful transition of students into the next level of programming.
- Understanding of and commitment to Montessori Philosophy
- Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance whole school learning environment and community
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each child
- Willingness to work hard and as part of a team for a common goal
This is a 10-month, full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. The salary is $38,000-$40,000, depending on experience. Benefits for full-time employees include medical, dental, life insurance, paid time off, retirement, and partial tuition remission for staff children.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or BA/BS Degree
- AMI or AMS Montessori Toddler Teaching Credential
- Minimum of one year of Montessori Lead Teaching experience
Authorization to work in the United States is a pre-condition of employment at Greenspring Montessori School.
Please upload your resume and cover letter via our online application.