MSLF is an authentic Montessori school seeking an Education Director.
The Education Director’s role is to sustain and nourish a skilled experienced faculty in their work with children, parents, curriculum, and colleagues, and to assure the integrity and quality of the scope and sequence of the educational program from Parent Infant through the Adolescent Program. The Education Director will additionally support faculty by assisting with the support of students’ special needs in the classroom, collaborating with lead teachers to plan accommodations and lessons, including any accommodations outlined in ISP’s or evaluations.
The Education Director reports to the Executive Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures the Montessori integrity of the educational program from Parent Infant through the Adolescent Program.
- Maintains and oversees the full scope and sequence of the curriculum and compares it with state and national standards to ensure that MSLF meets or exceeds standards in all areas.
- Oversees strategies and templates for regular progress reporting to parents and students, as well as record-keeping methods for the staff.
- Directs the Montessori educational program to meet current needs of the community and individual students.
- Provide differentiated support to students by working directly with students in the classroom, modeling effective, research-based instructional practices, and accommodations to meet students varied needs.
- Organizes administration of the Aims Web tests for grades 1-8 and communication of results to parents.
- Meets with and advises teachers on curricular and instructional related issues.
- Establishes an orientation and mentoring program for new faculty.
- Assists with interviewing and hiring of new faculty and designated staff.
- Observes in classrooms whenever possible, whenever necessary.
- Collaborates with lead teachers to identify students’ needs and potential support and works in the classroom directly with students to implement accommodations and additional support.
- Plans and facilitates conferences with teachers and/or parents as necessary.
- Works with administration on procedural manuals for students, staff, and parents.
- Assists with parent information events, and promotion of Montessori curriculum.
- Attends all staff meetings, all divisional, and all-faculty meetings.
- With Enrollment Director facilitates transitions between levels.
- Coordinates teachers and parents with the learning specialists &/or SST teams.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director to provide in-service and training support for faculty development.
- Helps to oversee regular consultation and accreditation processes and responds to recommendations.
- Assists with Parent Handbook revisions.
- Assists with the Parent Education program.
- Attends parent education meetings as necessary.
MINIMAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- At minimum, Montessori Teacher Certification. Further trainings desirable.
- A minimum of five years Montessori teaching experience.
- Experience as a Montessori classroom assistant.
- Administrative experience.
- Broad and deep knowledge of Montessori philosophy and practice.
- Broad knowledge of current trends and issues in childhood, childcare, and parenting.
- Endorsement in special education, literacy, or mathematics strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to collaborative and congenial leadership.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
We are a strong school community, dedicated to Montessori principles, committed to inspiring independence, self-confidence, respect and academic excellence.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Benefit eligible, including health insurance, dental insurance, 403B match after 1 year of employment, discounted tuition
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lake Forest, IL 60045: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person