Greenspring Montessori School has been offering a Montessori education to students for over 60 years. Nestled on a 7-acre property that was originally a dairy farm, students ages 18 months through grade 8 thrive in our newly renovated buildings, state of the art Montessori classrooms, and rich outdoor learning environments.
Greenspring Montessori School is seeking a Spanish Enrichment Guide to implement a hands-on, exciting Spanish Program for students ages 3 to 14 years.
- Develop effective lesson plans and teach Spanish to the appropriate age or grade level to include:
- Clear goals for students’ complete well-being
- Year-long plan for each grade level
- Weekly lesson plans outlining hands on activities and the skills to be developed
- Create activities to meet the needs of all students with instruction in a variety of modalities that are designed to enhance the academic, physical, mental, and social/emotional development of every child.
- Create a stimulating and prepared learning environment for the students
- Observe and assess the skill level of students and provide differentiated instruction for various ability groupings
- Redirect undesirable behavior to promote positive socialization
- Use of regular assessment to monitor and reinforce student learning
- Write Spanish Language updates for conferences and progress reports for each student
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Deep appreciation for and interest in learning more about Montessori pedagogy
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Profound enjoyment of working with children of all ages
- Wide range of cultural experience with strong Spanish background
- Possess patience and extensive knowledge of classroom management, Montessori philosophy, and hands-on teaching abilities
- Leader, mentor, living example of cultural awareness
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance whole school learning environment and community
- Willing to both receive and offer coaching
- Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each child
- Must be organized
- Must be self-motivated and energetic
- Must demonstrate initiative and be comfortable working independently
This is a 10-month, full-time position. The hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. The salary is $40,000-48,000, depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental, paid time off, a retirement plan, and 50% tuition remission for qualified dependents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent Spanish speaker (native speaker preferred)
- 90-hour Certification or BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of two years teaching experience
Authorization to work in the United States is a pre-condition of employment at Greenspring Montessori School.
If interested in a current opening, please apply via our online application.